If you’re getting unwanted calls or texts from someone who is using your phone number on Telegram, you can follow some basic steps for this.
Short Answer: Try blocking the person’s number in your phone’s settings. If that doesn’t work, you can also report the issue to Telegram’s support team.
They may be able to help you resolve the issue.
If you’re receiving texts or calls meant for someone else, it’s likely that your phone number has been spoofed. Spoofing is when someone falsifies the information displayed on caller ID to disguise their identity. They may do this to commit fraud or spread spam.
If you think your phone number has been spoofed, you can take steps to stop the unwanted messages and calls.
- Contact your cell phone carrier and explain the situation. They may be able to help you block the number that’s been spoofing your own.
- You can also report the issue to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). In the meantime, make sure not to answer any calls or texts from numbers you don’t recognize. If you do accidentally respond to a message from a spoofed number, do not give away any personal information.
- And if you’re ever asked to pay money upfront in order to receive a prize or service, know that this is likely a scam. Be vigilant about protecting your personal information, and don’t let anyone take advantage of you by using your phone number without permission.
How Telegram Logout from Other Devices Like Mobile or Laptop
How Can I Unlink My Phone Number from Telegram?
Unlink your phone number from Telegram:
- Go to Settings and privacy. Tap Account.
- Under Privacy and security, tap Two-step verification.
- Next to your current phone number, tap the trash can icon .
- Doing so will bring up a confirmation pop-up asking if you’re sure you want to delete your current phone number.
- Tap Yes, delete my account to confirm.
How to Hide My Telegram Account From My Contacts?
When you want to keep your Telegram account private from your contacts, the most straightforward method should be simply block all of your contacts. This will prevent them from seeing any information about you, including your profile picture and status.
Of course, this also means they won’t be able to contact you at all. If you still want to be able to communicate with your contacts, but don’t want them to have access to your Telegram account, you can set up a separate account that only they have access to. This way, you can control what information they can see and who they can talk to.
To do this, go into the privacy settings for your main Telegram account and select the “Contacts” option. From here, you can add or remove people from your contact list as well as create new lists of contacts.
Add the people you want to hide your Telegram account from into a new list and then select “Never Share” next to their name.
Now when someone in that list tries to look at your profile or send you a message, they will only see an error message telling them that they don’t have permission.
Of course, if you’re really serious about keeping your Telegram account private, the best thing you can do is delete it entirely.
Once you’ve deleted your account, all of your messages and data will be erased and there will be no way for anyone to access it again – even if they know your phone number or username.
How Can I Remove Other Device from Telegram?
If you want to delete a Telegram account on another device, first log in to your Telegram account on that device. Then go to “Settings” and scroll down to the “Delete Account” section. Enter your phone number and then tap “Delete Account”.
Is Telegram Account Linked to Phone Number?
Yes, Telegram accounts are linked to phone numbers. This is how Telegram verifies users and ensures that only real people can sign up for accounts. When you sign up for a Telegram account, you must provide your phone number.
Once you do this, Telegram will send you a verification code via SMS. You must enter this code in order to complete the sign-up process and activate your account.
How Can I Stop My Telegram from Being Tracked?
There are a few ways to stop Telegram from being tracked. The most effective way is to use a VPN. A VPN will encrypt your traffic and mask your IP address, making it much more difficult for third parties to track you.
You can also disable certain features in Telegram that can be used to track you, such as the “Last seen” status and the “Recently contacted” list. Finally, you can delete your account if you no longer want to use Telegram.
Someone is Using My Telegram Account
If you’ve found that someone is using your Telegram account, take the following actions Asap:
- Change your Telegram password and log out of all devices that may be logged in to your account.
- Then, contact Telegram’s support team to let them know about the situation.
- keep an eye on your account activity and report any suspicious activity to Telegram. By taking these steps, you can help protect your account and prevent unauthorized access in the future.
How to Log Someone Out of Your Telegram Account
Open Telegram and go to the Settings menu by tapping the three lines in the upper-left corner. Second, select “Privacy and Security.” Next, find the “Active Sessions” option and tap it.
Select the user you want to sign out and tap “Terminate Session.” It’s worth noting that this will only work if you’re logged in on your device with your own account. If you’re logged in as the person you want to sign out, then you won’t be able to access their Active Sessions.
If you’ve been receiving strange messages on Telegram, there’s a chance that someone has hijacked your phone number and is using it to send messages without your knowledge. Here’s how to stop them.
First, try contacting the person who is using your number and ask them to stop.
If that doesn’t work, you can block the number in Telegram’s settings. Finally, if you’re still having trouble, you can contact your cell phone carrier and ask them to block the number.